Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Annoying file

• Please log in to reply

msucbg

msucbg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a downloaded avi video that will not play and will not allow me to delete it. When even highlighting the icon for the file my computer runs very very slowly and then when i try to delete it says:

"Cannot delete: It is being used by another person or program.
Close any programs that might be using the file and try again"

I am sure that no programs are running that are using it and it certainly not trying to play. I have run various virus/spyware softwares and it seems to be doing no damage to my computer directly, at least not that i can detect. But i cannot get rid of it and it is quite a large file and uses up alot of wasted disk space.
Has anyone seen something similiar and/or know how i can get rid of it as i have tried everything i can think of.

<_<

Thanks

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
welcome to geekstogo
must be running in the back ground of windows see if in the opions of the program there is a box check to start when windows does.
<_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You should be able to remove it using the KillBox:
http://www.geekstogo...ction=show&id=4
(Note: you need to be logged in to access the download link)

msucbg

msucbg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Great, thanks the KillBox did the trick!!

Cheers

<_<