Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help me with windows xp please

• Please log in to reply

ozzie1012

ozzie1012

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
well everytime i turn on my computer i always have to have my windows xp cd in my drive, if i dont have it in, it will say to insert the cd in, or to press f1 to reboot, i really dont know much about computers, so if anyone knows what im talking about help me please

Advertisements

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hello and welcome, to g's2go.

do you have the latest security updates for your Windows XP Service Pack 2, if not get them here - http://www.windowsupdate.com/

cheers...xxx1

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
I had this problem once until I discovered that if I took out the CD...then as it rebooted and tried to access the boot CD, and it was not there...I just tapped the eject button and off it went...the set up files are already onboard, it just wants to be sure that everything is kosher elsewhere...then again maybe not :whistling:

Now, that's my system, but it may be worth a try...

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Is your hard disk the first boot device in the bios? If not make it the first.