Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

re-start problems

• Please log in to reply

jparker

jparker

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Latitude cpx laptop computer( p3 500mhz refurbished-had it for 2 yrs). Lately, it's been trouble to start or re-start. When it does finally power up, it runs fine. I understand that this may be due to a either a bad capacitor,motherboard, or possibly a build up do to excess dust on the components. I have tried unpluging and re-plugging the power cord which seems to help most times, but it's getting to a point now that it will take several, even up to ten or more tries before it will finally start up. It has no trouble however, starting up from "stand by". I put it on stand-by each night, and only shut it down or re-start when it's necessary. I'm afraid it won't start again next time. Can this be fixed, and if so, is it worth it?(bought it for $450) Please help Thanks jared :tazz:

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Hey jparker. That sounds like the pits. I'm going to move this over to the hardware section and give those guys a crack at your problem. Let me know if you don't hear from them in a couple of days and I'll see what I can do. :tazz:

creature0077

creature0077

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My friend also just recently started to have power problems with her Dell Latitude CPx laptop as well. I don't know what is causing it but I'm positive it's hardware thing. There is rare occations where it will start up but it normally won't. It's very annoying since my friend uses it for work everyday.