Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Problems

• Please log in to reply

TJGuitarZ

TJGuitarZ

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hey everyone,

I decided to reformat my computer today (too much junk). I wanted to keep my emails so I burned Outlook.pst and Archive.pst to a disk. However, I forgot to disable my password in Outlook, so it says "... You do not have permission required to access file D:\Outlook.pst (D is my DVD/CD drive). I am using File>Open>Outlook Data File and I also used File>Import and Export. Both gave me the same result.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I'd really like to get all my old emails back. Perhaps there's a bit of freeware I can use? Any help will be well appreciated.

Thanks, TJ

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Copy that pst file to ur hard drive . Then right click on that file and click on properties . Then uncheck Read Only . After that try openin it

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Copy that pst file to ur hard drive . Then right click on that file and click on properties . Then uncheck Read Only . After that try openin it

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

TJGuitarZ

TJGuitarZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Awesome! It worked! Thanks a TON!

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
ur welcome :whistling: