Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Laptop Screen is Really Weird

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
My laptop screen is actin really weird now. Like if I turn it too far it goes black but you can see a little bit of what's on the screen but it's not usable. I can get it to work sometimes but once its past a certain point it just goes black. Its really annoying and I don't think it's a driver problem it's probably a hardware problem but I would like to get it fixed without sending it in. Thanks in advance to anyone that helps a lot.

Advertisements

kewal2913d`

kewal2913d`

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
that's a normal thing in all laptops
you have to be facing it directly to use it.
thats why the screen has "openable" possibilites

Tell me if you never had this problem b4 and how long u used it

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Are you sure it isn't a feature... This is usually a feature for most laptops to stop people next to you reading your screen.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
It never did this before. Its not a feature. I've had it for a year. Let me explain what I mean. Okay, When i'm using my laptop and I want to tilt the screen if I tilt it too far it goes a really dark black and you can barely see what I'm doing. It's gotten where I can't even really look at it straight because if it goes that far sometimes it foes black. But not all the time does it do it when I'm looking at it straight. But if I'm standing up and I tilt it too far back it always goes black.

kewal2913d`

kewal2913d`

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
i see what you mean.
I think the problem is that you the connection between the screen and the lappy is interrupted or messed ....
did u drop it, hit it or maybe opened it too far back

If you received a driver recovery disk with ur laptop then use it or go to the manufacturer site and download the video drivers and install them.

If this doesnt work go to the computer hardware repair shop and have them check the wiring out
NOTE i said HARDWARE not those nag who mess with the software and dont get anything done.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Yea I dropped it quite a few times and I figured that would be the problem but its not sever enough for me to go take it to the computer shop because I really lazy.

kewal2913d`

kewal2913d`

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
any drop is severe in a fragile thing like a laptop.

and do a visual check.
if comfartable open up the lappy and check for any discrepancies.
THE shop seems like a really good idea, just in case u screw up

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
There are a few things that I can see on my screen. It should of been fixed by those idiots that I sent it to at Circuit City. I dropped my laptop severely and the cd drive flew out and I sen it in and they fixed the drive, but my screen was all dinged like it was before and I was pissed because they didn't fix it. I was so pissed. And also when I sent it in I had a virus on my comp and when I got it back I still had the virus.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Those guys have no idea what they are doing. There money stealers.

kewal2913d`

kewal2913d`

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
wow lol.....
i would figure those guys would be good, considering they'r "professioals"

kewal2913d`

kewal2913d`

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
why dont u just send it in to the warranty, you might have manufacturer or retail warranties...

johnthunder

johnthunder

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
You laptop may have a faulty inverter or it may have a faulty CCFL Tube which is embeded in the base of the screen.
Alternatively it may be a faulty power cable going from the motherboard to the screen, it is deffinatly a hardware issue, I see these faults daily