Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another "shopping" site

• Please log in to reply

preacherswife

preacherswife

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Just wanting to know if there is another site similar to Ebay for buying stuff? Thanks for helping me with this! :whistling:

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Depends what your looking at. Ebay is a online auction. Don't know of any others, no one really hears about them.
If you want a online retailer there are loads out there.
www.newegg.com
www.tigerdirect.com
www.amazon.com
theres a few of the more popular sites for electronics and one for books.
James

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
There are several. What are you looking for in particular? Do you want auction sites?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Two others auction sites i've used are u-bid and Yahoo auctions. I was given bad reports when i had a problem with some hardware i bought from someone there years ago. It ended up that i could not buy some stuff as the sellers there could refuse to sell and would not even let you bid on items if you had any negetive reports. The guy tried to get me banned by giving me 10 bad reviews on the single sale of one item. So that site went by the wayside and i never went back.

At u-bid, i usually ended up not getting exactly what i wanted and it was alway's in quantity's too much for me so i faded away from there also. Even now i seldom buy from Ebay as there always seems to be some junk hardware people don't mind selling. I just buy new anymore and don't fool with used stuff.

SRX660

preacherswife

preacherswife

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
[font=Arial][b][color=#33CC00][size=4]
Hello and thanks for responding! Basically I am searching for musical instruments for sale by owners that are new, electrical gadgets that are new as well as DVD's that are new. :whistling:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
For electrical gagets i'd stick with my first post.
Musical instruments you can try out amazon
James