Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Inserting Track Titles on Windows Media Player 10

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have been wrestling with this problem. I am trying to ascertain how I can edit tracks on Windows Media Player 10 of wav. files so that when the musical selection is playing the title will appear on front pane of WMP.
I have tried editing the titles for example Right Cliking on Track Numbers and enteering title of selection. At this stage the selection can be played and the title will appear on WMP. however if I close off WMP and return to it, the title is no longer on track list. I have tried making folders and renaming to indicate the title, no avail. I have tried doing at burn stage using Nero 7, no avail. I have tried burning with WMP , but Windows cannot read the wav. file.(no eror number indicated) however WMP can play the selection so it must be able to read it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Waynf

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
don't quote me on this BUT....i don't think Wav's can store the ID3 tags that you would need to retain this info....WAVS tend to be pretty simple files that just retain the audio....you could try naming the files as the name of the song

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have tried somethiing else. I have downloaded CD-Easy Extractor and used it to make conversion from simple wav. files to MP3, and utilizing the CD-Text option, I have been able to retain the titles but they only play using Winamp. It seems that WMP 10 cannot play MP3 files. However I did get WMP 10 to play one selectioon and when I stopped it from playing, and selected another titled track, WMP freezes up and I get notification that "Windows Media Play is Not Responding",