Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A little advice on what NOT to buy

• Please log in to reply

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I do like HP hardware as well, just not their software. For example, buy a new HP printer and then install all the defaults from the installation CD - you get a lot more junk than just the drivers! :)

Of course, nothing beats my own made system. :)

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
This topic is like, 3 years old :)

But yes, I love my HP laptop. Haven't had any problems with it yet, and it runs very smooth :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
OMG. I didn't even realize it :) I blame Troy

Edited by Ferrari, 28 October 2009 - 08:37 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) :)
Oh heck thats just way to funny.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Not my fault, blame Scarm10 ^^

:)

vittorio

vittorio

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Back in the day when gateway was around i thought they were junk, but after they disappeared for a while and came back, i bought one on the fly when i my hp get too hot, and fried the video card. On a 4 day weekenend and all my friends went out of town visiting their family, I had planned to sit in the barracks and play Warhammer until my eyes would bleed. So, I ran out to bestbuy, was gonna pick up the macbook pro but i wanted something geared for online gaming. So I grabbed the only laptop they had with an nvidia 9800 with 1g video ram, and duo core processor, for 1200$. I started doing a lot of video editing on it recently too. While running 4 programs, previewing, and still rocking Warhammer or WoW its CPU doesnt go over 40%. So all in all I'm really happy with my Gateway P seiries FX. Only thing that sucks is my 2tb Seagate External HD, doesn't like to play nice with 64-bit systems ><!