Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New computer Protection and peformance?

• Please log in to reply

audiospade86

audiospade86

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hey Guys and girls i am getting a new computer for christmas and i was wondering what are some good free programs that are a must for safety and performance. i really dont like norton anti virus but i would like to have a virus protection.

SO please let me know of some good programs that will keep my new computer running strng and smooth!!

Thanks

-Audio-

Advertisements

SNOWHITE

SNOWHITE

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 1,327 posts
Hi audiospade86 :whistling:
Check this link
http://www.geekstogo...s...st&p=856992

This is nice free antispyware tool SpywareBlaster,
Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware, Hijackers, and Malware

Edited by SNOWHITE, 11 December 2006 - 12:45 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dont worry we dont like Norton, for an AV i usually reccomend Avast easy to use, effective and it looks pretty good too (has skins so you can pretend your in star trek if you like).

For maintaining performance TuneUp is my favourite application its a good way to have all your maintenance operations in one application(its not an AV just a performance tool clears up the registry and temp folders, optimises settings for your situation stuff like that)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
get zone alarm for your firewall...the free version is good...