Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Live Messenger problems

• Please log in to reply

locurafan

locurafan

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I started having problems with WLM a few weeks ago and I asked around for some help. I was told to repair it, to uninstall and reinstall WLM and plus, and to check for viruses. I did all that and it's still giving me problems. It keeps signing me out, signs me back in, files don't transfer, and a lot of messages aren't being sent or received. What can I do? :whistling:

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Have you updated all the support files that WLM needs to operate properly?

I'd start by doing an uninstall, then update everything Windows related, do a full system clean up and then reinstall...

This fluttering about business, often is related to an issue of the program not knowing what to do when, and it is wandering about trying just about anything that smells like it might work...

Until you get things sorted out, it will contine to buck you off :whistling:

Edited by b1caez01, 15 December 2006 - 10:48 AM.