Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijack Log (mzu crash...will not boot)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

harby

harby

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:15:56 PM, on 12/11/2006
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\NN\Desktop\hj\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft standard protector] C:\WINDOWS\inet20091\socks.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [i8kfangui] C:\Program Files\I8kfanGUI\i8kfangui.exe /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [googletalk] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe" /autostart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_7 -reboot 1
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: dbf42reg - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Documents\Settings\dbf42.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: rpcc - C:\WINDOWS\System32\rpcc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winsys2freg - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Documents\Settings\winsys2f.dll
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Netropa NHK Server (Nhksrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Nhksrv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
We can definitely help you, but first you need to help us. The first step in this process is to apply Service Pack 1a for Windows XP. Without this update, you're wide open to re-infection, and we're both just wasting our time.
Click here: http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en
Apply the update, reboot, and post a fresh Hijack This log.

harby

harby

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:03:20 PM, on 12/13/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\NN\Desktop\hj\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [i8kfangui] C:\Program Files\I8kfanGUI\i8kfangui.exe /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [googletalk] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe" /autostart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_7 -reboot 1
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: dbf42reg - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Documents\Settings\dbf42.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winsys2freg - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Documents\Settings\winsys2f.dll
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Netropa NHK Server (Nhksrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Nhksrv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello Harby and welcome to Geeks to Go

As an introduction, please note that I am not Superhuman, I do not know everything, but what I do know has taken me years to learn. I am happy to pass on this information to you, but please bear in mind that I am also fallible.

Please note that you should have Administrator rights to perform the fixes. Also note that multiple identity PC’s (family PC’s) present a different problem; please tell me if your PC has more than one individual’s setting, but continue with the fix.

Before we get underway, you may wish to print these instructions for easy reference during the fix, although please be aware that many of the required URLs are hyperlinks in the red names shown on your screen. Part of the fix may require you to be in Safe Mode, which will not allow you to access the internet, or my instructions! (Click the Options drop down near the upper right of the topic. Select Print this topic.)

You have quite a mixture of malware and Trojans. Let’s see what we can do.

You do not appear to have any antivirus programme running on your PC; we must correct that immediately.

Download:
AVG ANTIVIRUS FREE EDITION

Install AVG, update its virus definitions and perform a full system scan before proceeding any further.

Please download the following programmes, we will run them later. Please save them to a place that you will remember, I suggest the Desktop:

Killbox by Option^Explicit
CCleaner
AVG AntiSpyware
combofix.exe

Please install, and update AVG Anti Spyware
  • Load AVGas and then click the Update tab at the top. Under Manual Update click Start update.
  • After the update finishes (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")
  • Please select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
  • Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
  • Under "Reports"
  • Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
  • Deselect "Only if threats were found"
  • Close AVGas. Do not run it yet.
Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
For additional help in booting into Safe Mode, see the following site:

Safe Mode

• In Safe Mode, load AVGas and click on the Scanner tab at the top and then click on Complete System Scan. This scan can take quite a while to run, so be patient.
  • AVGas will list any infections found on the left hand side. When the scan has finished, it will automatically set the recommended action. Click the Apply all actions button. AVGas will display "All actions have been applied" on the right hand side.
  • Click on "Save Report", then "Save Report As". This will create a text file. Make sure you know where to find this file again (I suggest the Desktop).
  • Please ensure you post that log in your reply.
Please re-open HiJackThis and scan. Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Please now reboot into normal mode.

Please install Killbox by Option^Explicit.
  • Please double-click Killbox.exe to run it.
  • Select Delete on Reboot
  • then Click on the All Files button.
  • Please copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy):
C:\WINDOWS\inet20091\socks.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Documents\Settings\dbf42.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rpcc.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Documents\Settings\winsys2f.dll
  • Return to Killbox, go to the File menu, and choose Paste from Clipboard.
  • Click the red-and-white Delete File button. Click Yes at the Delete on Reboot prompt. Click OK at any PendingFileRenameOperations prompt (and please let me know if you receive this message!).
If your computer does not restart automatically, please restart it manually.

If you receive a message such as: "Component 'MsComCtl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." when trying to run Killbox, click here to download and run missingfilesetup.exe. Then try Killbox again.

There is almost certainly bound to be some junk (leftover bits and pieces) on your system that is doing nothing but taking up space. I would recommend that you run CCleaner. Install it, check the default setting in the left-hand pane, ensure you uncheck old prefetch data found under the Windows tab, and under the heading of Applications, Utilities uncheck AVGas Anti-Spyware then click Analyze> Run Cleaner. You may be fairly surprised by how much it finds. Also click Issues then Scan for issues – fix selected issues

Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

When it has finished, it will produce a log. Please post that log in your next reply.

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Post back a fresh HijackThis log (from normal mode) and I will take another look. (3 logs in total please).

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.