Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezes up, Errors, Alarms... HiJackLog attached

• Please log in to reply

wildcatrush

wildcatrush

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My computer is about 5 months old, built by a relative that has done all my others with no problems. He swears it was fine when he shipped it but I have had issues from the beginning. I am not very knowledgeable about hardware, so please forgive my lack of knowledge of such things, and your patience in answering your questions is GREATLY appreciated. My computer freezes up randomly including the keyboard, and I have to power off/on. Sometimes while using the computer the screen will just go black. Sometimes it will restart on it's own, sometimes not. There is an alarm of some sort that will sometimes sound on the CPU - very loud and annoying - and I have to hit a reset button on the front to shut it off, then power on/off, sometimes multiple times. I also receive messages like this, Internet Explorer (or AIM, ect.) has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I also get other types of strange errors - I'm sorry I can't quote them right now because I have not gotten one since coming to this forum tonight. All of these issues are very random, it seems, and do not seem to be associated with any particular program or site that I can tell. In conjunction with this, my disc drives have stopped recognizing discs. I believe this may be related to the other issues, since all of this has been snowballing and they did work at one time. I have tried system restore, and somehow all of my prior restore points are GONE. I have no idea how that happened as I have used that feature for many years at both work and home. But even when I had tried to restore before they all disappeared, it didn't help. When I first got the computer, I attempted to use ATI AIW, which never worked right and I am unclear on how to completely get rid of it. I also downloaded the zango toolbar, not knowing what a troublemaker it is. I have run the following: AdAware, XP Anti-Spy, ewido Anti-Spyware, RegCleaner, Window Washer, SpyBot, Super Anti-Spyware, TrojanHunter, and possibly one or two others. It usually only comes up with some malware associated with Zango. Does this sound like a vicious virus? I have attached the HijackThis log and the SuperSpyware log. Again, I may need help in finding the information you may request, so your patience is really appreciated! Thank you so much in advance for your help. Cathi

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:36:42 PM, on 12/11/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wwSecure.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itype.exe
C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.6\THGuard.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\wwDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.908.5008\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Desktop\Utilities\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ebay.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
R3 - URLSearchHook: &Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UnlockerAssistant] "C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis True Image Monitor] "C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [itype] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itype.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.6\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Window Washer] C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\wwDisp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.908.5008\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &ieSpell Options - res://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLOPTION.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Check &Spelling - res://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLCHECK.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell Options - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.t...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {9522B3FB-7A2B-4646-8AF6-36E7F593073C} - http://a19.g.akamai....02/cpbrkpie.cab
O16 - DPF: {9600F64D-755F-11D4-A47F-0001023E6D5A} (Shutterfly Picture Upload Plugin) - http://web1.shutterf...ds/Uploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {B1E2B96C-12FE-45E2-BEF1-44A219113CDD} (SABScanProcesses Class) - http://www.superadbl...ivex/sabspx.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: License Management Service ESD - element5 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\element5 Shared\Service\Licence Manager ESD.exe
O23 - Service: Washer AutoComplete (wwSecSvc) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wwSecure.exe

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
Generated 12/11/2006 at 08:11 PM

Application Version : 3.4.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 3146
Trace Rules Database Version: 1162

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:35:56

Memory items scanned : 428
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 6786
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 39166
File threats detected : 102

Adware.Zango Toolbar/Hb
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\dynamic\698191.sdf
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\dynamic\domains.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\dynamic\TooltipXML\36079
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\dynamic\TooltipXML\450210
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\dynamic\TooltipXML\531510
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\dynamic\TooltipXML\6292
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\dynamic\TooltipXML\7652
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\dynamic\TooltipXML\96961
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\dynamic\TooltipXML
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\dynamic\ustat\3457.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\dynamic\ustat
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\dynamic
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\btntrans.idx
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\btntrans1.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\buttondir.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\components.cdf
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\default.cdf
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_511745-514279.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_categorize.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_comparison.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_explorer-Mails.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_explorer-people.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_favorites.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_Games.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_Hide.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_hotbarcom.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_Hotmail.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_hsskin.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_jemster.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_jemsterie.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_jemsteruk.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_jobsearch.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_LW_bidzC_ZANGBUT_A_IE-ca.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_LW_bidzC_ZANGBUT_A_IE-us.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_Mails.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_MobileSidewalk.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_new.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_premium.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_reun.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_ringtones.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_SearchBoxTrapper.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_searchfor.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_searchgo.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_weather.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Default_yellowpages.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\d_icons_buttons_1000.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\d_icons_buttons_2000.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\d_icons_buttons_3000.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\d_icons_buttons_bar.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\d_icons_buttons_bbar1.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\d_icons_buttons_logos.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\d_icons_buttons_other.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\email-def-511724-548964.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\email-def-511724-9595.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\email-t1-bg.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\icons2.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\keywords.idx
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\keywords1.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\layout.cdf
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\linkpathlegal.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\progress.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\sales_buttons.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\s_icons_buttons.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\t2_bg.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\theweb.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\top7.cdf
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\Top7_theweb.mnu
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\tsd_bg.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1\zango.res
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\1
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\BtnTrans.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\BtnTrans1.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\buttondir.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\default.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\d_icons_buttons_1000.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\d_icons_buttons_2000.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\d_icons_buttons_3000.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\d_icons_buttons_bar.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\d_icons_buttons_bbar1.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\d_icons_buttons_logos.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\d_icons_buttons_other.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\email-t1-bg.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\icons2.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\keywords.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\keywords1.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\layout.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\linkpathlegal.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\progress.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\sales_buttons.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\samplegroups2.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\samplegroups2.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\s_icons_buttons.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\t2_bg.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\top7.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\tsd_bg.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad\zango.xip
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static\DownLoad
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar\static
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0\ZangoToolbar
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\v3.0
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar\zbar.log
C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Application Data\ZangoToolbar

Advertisements

wildcatrush

wildcatrush

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I originally posted this about two weeks ago, and then in The Waiting Room last week - please forgive me if I'm missing the reply somewhere, but I am not seeing one. I did see where "Zango Malware" was added to the thread title. What do I need to do next? Thanks, Cathi

This is a new HTLog - thanks again!
Scan saved at 5:55:28 PM, on 12/27/2006

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.6\THGuard.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Sync Manager Unicode\CTSyncU.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource5\MtdAcqu.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Engine\ymetray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDDecrypter.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.908.5008\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ebay.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://red.clientapp...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapp...rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapp...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://red.clientapp...//www.yahoo.com
R3 - URLSearchHook: &Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UnlockerAssistant] "C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis True Image Monitor] "C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [itype] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itype.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.6\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ymetray] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Yahoo! Music Engine\YahooMusicEngine.exe" -preload
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTSyncU.exe] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Sync Manager Unicode\CTSyncU.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MtdAcqu] "C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource5\MtdAcqu.exe" /s
O8 - Extra context menu item: &ieSpell Options - res://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLOPTION.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Check &Spelling - res://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLCHECK.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell Options - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.t...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {9522B3FB-7A2B-4646-8AF6-36E7F593073C} - http://a19.g.akamai....02/cpbrkpie.cab
O16 - DPF: {9600F64D-755F-11D4-A47F-0001023E6D5A} (Shutterfly Picture Upload Plugin) - http://web1.shutterf...ds/Uploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {B1E2B96C-12FE-45E2-BEF1-44A219113CDD} (SABScanProcesses Class) - http://www.superadbl...ivex/sabspx.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: License Management Service ESD - element5 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\element5 Shared\Service\Licence Manager ESD.exe
O23 - Service: Washer AutoComplete (wwSecSvc) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wwSecure.exe

andydf

andydf

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,660 posts
Hi wildcatrush
Welcome to Geekstogo

Sorry about the delay in replying to your post.

Your probems sound more like hardware issues, but we'll make sure your clean before asking the Tech guys to help.
Please can you post an updated Hijackthis log and also

Please do an online virus scan with Panda ActiveScan Here. You need to use Internet Explorer for this scan.
  • Once you get to the Panda site, scroll down a bit and click on Scan your PC
  • A new window will appear; click on Check Now!
  • A new window will appear; fill in the boxes (Country, State, email addy)
  • Click on Scan Now! >
    If you have never used ActiveScan before, you will be prompted to install an ActiveX control (asinst.cab) : click on Install. Panda will install the component, and then install the latest signature files.
  • From "Select a device to scan...", choose "My Computer"
  • Allow the scan to run. It'll take a while.
  • When complete, click on "See Report", and then on "Save report"; save it to a convenient location.
  • I will need you to post that report in your next reply; simply open the text file, then copy/paste the content here.

wildcatrush

wildcatrush

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks andydf, for your help - I am so appreciative...

I have tried repeatedly (at least 5 times) to run the Panda ActiveScan, but my computer freezes up at various points during the process, but has never made it halfway through the scan. It has come up with 18 Spyware and 1 (one) Hacking Tools and RootKit before locking up, however. I will continue trying to run it and maybe I will get lucky and it will complete. Is there any other type of scan or program I should try that may not take as long?

Mean while, here is the HiJackLog:

Scan saved at 11:18:41 PM, on 12/30/2006

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyHunter] C:\Program Files\Enigma Software Group\SpyHunter\SpyHunter.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTSyncU.exe] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Sync Manager Unicode\CTSyncU.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MtdAcqu] "C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource5\MtdAcqu.exe" /s
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: '@ivt' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Intranet Zone
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'file' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Internet Zone
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'ftp' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Internet Zone
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'http' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Internet Zone
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'https' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Internet Zone
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

Thanks again,
Cathi

wildcatrush

wildcatrush

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi again,

I have saved a partial Panda scan and C&P below with the HiJackLog. I am still trying to get a complete Panda Scan without freezing up.

Partial Panda Scan:

Incident Status Location

Spyware:Cookie/2o7 Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Access\Cookies\kid's access@2o7[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Advertising Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Access\Cookies\kid's access@advertising[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Atlas DMT Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Access\Cookies\kid's access@atdmt[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Atwola Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Access\Cookies\kid's access@atwola[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Bluestreak Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Access\Cookies\kid's access@bluestreak[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Casalemedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Access\Cookies\kid's access@casalemedia[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Bridgetrack Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Access\Cookies\kid's [email protected][1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Doubleclick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Access\Cookies\kid's access@doubleclick[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Mediaplex Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Access\Cookies\kid's access@mediaplex[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/QuestionMarket Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Access\Cookies\kid's access@questionmarket[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Traffic Marketplace Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Access\Cookies\kid's access@trafficmp[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Tribalfusion Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Access\Cookies\kid's access@tribalfusion[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Zedo Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Kid's Access\Cookies\kid's access@zedo[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/YieldManager Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Apmebf Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Cookies\wildcat@apmebf[1].txt
Spyware:Cookie/bravenetA Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Cookies\wildcat@bravenet[2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Server.iad.Liveperson Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt
Spyware:Cookie/Target Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Cookies\wildcat@target[2].txt
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Wildcat\Desktop\SmitfraudFix\Process.exe

HiJackThis Log:
Scan saved at 11:18:41 PM, on 12/30/2006

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyHunter] C:\Program Files\Enigma Software Group\SpyHunter\SpyHunter.exe
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: '@ivt' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Intranet Zone
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'file' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Internet Zone
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'ftp' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Internet Zone
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'http' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Internet Zone
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'https' protocol is in My Computer Zone, should be Internet Zone
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

andydf

andydf

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,660 posts
Hi Cathi

Try running this online scan if your having problems.

Please run the F-Secure Online Scanner

Note: This Scanner is for Internet Explorer Only!
  • Follow the Instruction Here for installation.
  • Accept the License Agreement.
  • Once the ActiveX installs,Click Full System Scan
  • Once the download completes,the scan will begin automatically.
  • The scan will take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan completes, click the Automatic cleaning (recommended) button.
  • Click the Show Report button and Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
If that fails try this

Right Click the Desktop and Select New--> Folder--> Name it SysClean
  • Download the Sysclean Package to the folder you made.
  • Next,download the Virus Pattern Files (Official Pattern Release) to your desktop from Here
  • Right Click and Select Extract All to unzip the folder.
  • Now,from the unzipped folder,move lpt$vpn.XXX file to the SysClean folder.
  • Restart in SAFE MODE(Tap F8 when restarting)
  • Open the SysClean Folder and doubleclick sysclean.com
  • Be sure Automatically clean or delete detected files is checked.
  • Click the Scan button to begin,please be patient,it will take a little bit to finish.
  • Once complete,verify the log from the scan (SYSCLEAN.LOG) is in the SysClean folder and restart back to Normal Mode.
  • Copy&Paste those results in the next reply.
Tutorial from Trend
http://esupport.tren...entID=en-125991

Andy :whistling: