Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NO SOUND / HELP ME

• Please log in to reply

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
:whistling: I went into Task Manager to temp disable Nvidia Mxr Try. When I did this I shut it down. I went to shut down at top for what reason I DON'T KNOW, but now I have no sound and I cannot get it back.

I went into Device Manager to try that but no luck. I went into Audio and Sound, and nothing was avaliable. I hit the icon on Desktop for the Nvidia Mixer and it tells me it is shut down, and to check Windows Device Manager to try an enable it again. I did that, but the instructions led me to a DEAD FREAKIN END.

I have tried and tried. The Mixer is on the Mobo. Winfast Foxconn Nvidia nforce4 939 Ultra/AMD. I went to Nvidia and downloaded drivers as well. I went to Gigabyte for the mother board and tried the drivers there as well. Any idea's would be AWESOME. I Just want my sound back.

All I get is like little beeps from computer normal beeps ect but that is it.

Some instruction direction guidance ect would be great.

Thanks in Advance, :blink:

OPTIMUS

Edited by Opt, 11 December 2006 - 11:02 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If it's just a software/driver problem you could give 'system restore' a try. Choose a restore point that's dated just prior to the problem appearing.