Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Will Not Start

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I have a Cicero pc that I'm trying to fix for my friend. Supposedly there is an infamous problem with these early Cicero model pcs, where as the capacitor gives out in the power supply and fries everything in the pc.

When you turn on the system the power supply starts and blows faint wind from the fan as if it's struggling. The power led will not go on, all that shines is a red light on the front panel of the case which I assume should be for the hard drive activity.

There is a ram led light on the motherboard that keeps blinking when you turn the pc on. You cannot hear the hard drive spin at all, usually with the case open you can hear the hard drive spin in any pc. And hard drives usually have a little light on the bottom of them that blinks, which is not happening in this case. When you turn the pc on the cdrom won't even open if you press eject. The monitor shows absolutely no signal... The screen is just black and the activity light on the monitor is orange meaning there is no signal comming in.

The only thing that works when you turn the pc on are the fans (exhaust and heatsink fan). I bought a new power supply that I switched with the old one and the pc will still not start. You can tell this power supply is working though because the wind from the power supply fan is heavy and the power supply is obviously new. So compared to the old psu you can tell that the old one is ruined.

Any help? Can anyone help me diagnose this? I believe the pc is dead what do you all think?

Cicero Desktop Pc (Model# CA122A-5)
---- Canadian Made

What can I do with the little support of the web sites associated with this pc (www.medionusa.com & www.seanix.com) since Cicero has been moving from company to company. They have no information on this pc at all. Let me know what you think and what more information you have about that "infamous" problem with the older Cicero pcs.

Advertisements