Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What did I do!?

• Please log in to reply

Murphster05

Murphster05

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Tonight I was on my computer and it started to slow down REALLY badly, so I restarted it thinking "hey, its a lil old, whatever." When it boot back up it was still running really poorly so I restarted in safe mode and started up firefox and ran trendmicro housecall. I was also in add/remove programs deleting old programs thinking maybe there was just too much on my poor old computer. Then, all of the sudden, the computer locked out my keyboard and mouse. I didn't remove anything vital, or stop any large system process, so again, I restarted. (And no, I did not accidently unplug the keyboard and mouse with my foot.) After I restarted my keyboard and mouse were working find again, so I again restarted firefox to go back to trendmicro and it again locked me out. ctrl alt del doesn't work, the mouse won't move, no tabbing or anything. I tried this in safe mode under administrator, the main user account, and in non safe mode, all to no avail. I am now on another computer coming to you for help. Thanks in advance, let me know if you need any more information, but again, I can't get anything from my poor computer as it seems to be very upset...

Advertisements

Murphster05

Murphster05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, update, the computer freezes after ANY program is started, safe mode or not.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
your mouse and keyboard still not working

go to my computer >>open>>on c:drive>>right click properties>>tools>>check now>>check both boxes and click start

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Resolved? How?