Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Conflicting software

• Please log in to reply

stumilner2005

stumilner2005

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Hope someone can help me with this.
I already had F-Secure installed and pc was working well I also installed AVG. When I switched computer back on last night it wouldn't boot up. A guy at a pc repair shop told me that the virus sftware was conflicting and I need to go into safe mode to remove one of them. However when I go into safe mode screen goes dark grey/black Has anyone had this before? What did you do to fix it?

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
hi there...

please read this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307852

let me know how it works out.

Emery.

stumilner2005

stumilner2005

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried all of the options available when in safe mode but none of them worked just pressed enter and got the dark grey screen again. Can you suggest anything else?

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Decide on which AV you want to use and uninstall the other... Too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the soup :whistling: