Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems listening to streaming live radio broadcasts

• Please log in to reply

redleader74

redleader74

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
For a while now I'd been listening to a radio station out of Hong Kong, via their live streaming broadcast. Then one day, it just stopped working. I have a link I use, which launches a smaller window with a player in it. These days, it just loads and loads and then eventually stops. So I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. Here's the link: http://www.surfmusic...os/cr2hkfmm.htm

I'm using IE 6.0 and have Windows Media Player 10 installed. At first I thought it was an admin issue, since I'm on my work computer. Maybe the IT guys put a stop to my ability to listen to streaming broadcasts. However, I experienced the same problem on my home computer.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Well, if it's any consolation, it won't work for me either. I have WinAmp, Media Player and RealPlayer installed and working proerly elsewhere...and I think maybe something is wrong on their end. Can you send them an email?
Johanna

redleader74

redleader74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Thanks for the super fast reply! I've sent the radio station an e-mail to check on their end.

Thanks!