Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Warcraft 3 Hosting Issue

• Please log in to reply

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I dont have a router right, i have Cable internet, so when i try to host a game on warcraft i cant, people join and they enter the game and we start the game but right when we get in it, everyone starts lagging, like 5-6 people at a time, no idea why and it just doesnt let me host. weird thing is is that it used to let me host all the time, i could host games and play full entire games but now i cant for some reason, so can anyone tell me why this is happening?! because ive searched everywhere and cant find a solution.

thx

ps:

i play normal games on High res and get no lag when im not hosting the game, i turned my settings all to medium and still couldnt host, please help..

Edited by Anthraqz, 12 December 2006 - 02:26 PM.

Advertisements

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Bumppp

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Bump again

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hey Anthraqz,

How much RAM do you have?

What's your processer?

What's your graphics card and how much Ram does it have?(256, 512)

Try not to bump your own posts because most of us try and help people with 0 replys and from 4-5 days old.

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Sorry

I have 768mb of ram 1.83ghz amd athlon 2500+ processor and a Radeon 9550 GE video card with 128 mb of ram.

I dont understand why it lags so much, i used to be able to host then it just stopped working.

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
How many slots do you have and whats your internet speed?

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
not sure what my internet speed is, and my slots are full, im on cable internet if that helps.

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Well, if your trying to run something like 32 slots with a 256k Internet speed you will get so much lag. But if you do 10-12 slots on 512k then you should be OK.

Just check your net speed and how many slots your trying to put up. Cable is usually fast but it can be slow so it's not a real great help.

Jazza.

Edited by Jazza, 17 December 2006 - 05:14 PM.

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Well i usually try and host footmen games so thats about 12 slots including me, so, i dont know what to do, also how do i check my internet speed?

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Im going to bump this cause its been 2 weeks with no reply

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Im going to bump this cause its been 2 weeks with no reply

Only thing I know to do is test your internet connection on a test site on your download/upload speed.

Upload speed is really important when hosting a server so if you dont have enough you have to lower the clients...

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

just click on the closest server to your home and it will test your line. post back the speed.

might want to do a virus scan / spyware scan. Maybe your virus program or firewall if you have one is causing the problem. You can try to turn off your virus program or firewall if you have one to see if it gets better but first I need to know your connection speed.

Edited by jrm20, 03 January 2007 - 04:06 PM.

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
i got this:

Download Speed: 2839 kbps (354.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 396 kbps (49.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

i will do a spyware scan right now and post the results, thx

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

i got this:

Download Speed: 2839 kbps (354.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 396 kbps (49.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

i will do a spyware scan right now and post the results, thx

your upload isnt that bad. How many people were you trying to host with on warcraft 3?

Try to lower the clients some. I dont have warcraft3 so I dont know much about the in game server setup menu. Is there any server settings in a menu anywhere? Is there a setting where you specify your connection speed? Maybe you left it on dialup or something I dont know im just giving you examples you need to check yourself.

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
alright i'll check those, I just did a spyware scan, had about 36 items, i deleted them all, one was Alexa so i deleted that, i'll go check the menu because i did tweak it a little a while ago i remember, thanks

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
well i still cant host, heres a screenshot of what happens every time i try to, i get in, and this happens:

Posted Image

i used to be able to host too, no idea why i cant anymore.