Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Office 2007 Free Trial messed up my computer

• Please log in to reply

tricky0ff

tricky0ff

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am an office manager and this is about my work computer.
The other day I came across the download for the Office 2007 free trial and wanted to try it. I clicked on it and got the file and when I went to install it, I realized that I just didn't have the time to sit through it. So I stopped the install. Then I started noticing that my current Office 2003 was acting funny (had to install the thesaurus to use it, minor issues). So I thought that I might just go ahead and install 2007 and I set it up before I left work last night.
When I came in this morning, my Quickbooks program won't start up because there is now a problem with msxml3.dll. I need this program. I have to use it every single day here. My bosses are asking me to write them checks and I can't because I can't get Quickbooks to even start up. The Quickbooks website told me to download msxml.msi from Microsoft to fix the problem and I followed their directions step-by-step and it says the DLL initialization routine failed.
I tried to do a search on the hard drive to find out where the dll file is and I can't even search because it says I'm missing files for the search companion.
I tried uninstalling the 2007 trial and it tells me the product installation was corrupted and to run setup again. I tried to run the set up again and nothing happens at all that I can tell. I tried repairing/reinstalling 2003, and that didn't help. I tried removing and reinstalling Quickbooks and that didn't help.
I really need help here. I can't get a tech out till next week and my bosses are freaking out because I can't write checks.
Please help!

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
B4 tryin this solution install ur quickbooks

Download that dll file from here
http://www.dll-files...es.shtml?msxml3

After downloading put that file in system folder(in the windows folder)

After that go to RUn and copy paste this
regsvr32 C:\Windows\System\msxml3.dll

I'm assumin that ur windows is installed on C drive

I hope it'll work

tricky0ff

tricky0ff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the help but that didn't work. I tried a similar thing yesterday which was recommended by the Quickbooks support website. I keep getting the same answer:
"load library (regsvr32 C:\WINNT\System32\msxml3.dll) failed- a dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. "
I have uninstalled both Office 2003 and Quickbooks and when I tried to reinstall Office 2003, it would not let me. It won't let me do a search and it won't let me do a defrag of the hard drive. Everything is messed up all over a stupid free trial download.
I am trying to reinstall Quickbooks right now. :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you have access to your XP installation disk? if so try sfc

PLACE YOUR XP CD IN YOUR CD ROM DRIVE AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW

START > RUN > CMD THEN TYPE

SFC /SCANNOW (NOTE THE SPACE)

LET THIS RUN UNTILL YOU GET A MESSAGE SAYING IT IS COMPLETE.

SFC - SYSTEM FILE CHECKER, RETRIEVES THE CORRECT VERSION OF THE FILE FROM %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE OR THE WINDOWS INSTALLATION SOURCE FILES, AND THEN REPLACES THE INCORRECT FILE.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT WAS REPLACED, RIGHT CLICK MY COMPUTER > MANAGE, EXPAND EVENT VIEWER > SYSTEM.

tricky0ff

tricky0ff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
:whistling:
dsenette:
You saved my life! I did just what you said and now everything is back to normal almost as if nothing happened! Thank you so much!