Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

big computer problem

• Please log in to reply

enochian

enochian

• Pip
  • 2 posts
STORY----- w my comp would restart while online as soon as i asked some one else the problem seemed to fix its self.
well thats what i thought.So yesterday out of no where my computer turns its self off

So i turned my pc backon and when the screen thats says windows 2000 loading. it goes to a blue screen thats says some thing about an error something like device driver failed to load then something about winnt/system32/lzx32.sys then it said restart the computer so i did.
now ever time i turn it back on it does the same thing. so i tryied to get into safe mode but the blue screen came back up so i tryied restore to last good configuration that didnt work till today. but as soon as it got to the desktop it froze.

INFO I HAVE ABOUT THIS FROM RESEARCHING

i know lzx32.sys is a backdoor trojan
but most of the stuff i read about this the people infected are able to get logedin and everthing.

-----------------------------------

so i was wondering if any one has had this problem or knows how to fix it

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Are there any Stop error codes on the blue screen?

enochian

enochian

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
what do you mean

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Is it just a blank blue screen or part way down the blue screen do you see:

Technical information