Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

An exception has occured while trying to run NvCpl.dll,NvCplApplyColor

• Please log in to reply

Kakei

Kakei

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everytime i try to run a internet program mostly like AOL or Guild Wars this messege comes up saying.. "An exception has occured while trying to run NvCpl.dll,NvCplApplyColorProfile" though i can still get on internet programs without having any problems that i hve noticed. When i try to just X out of it it immedently pops back up. Can someone help me out?

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
http://www.neuber.co.../nvcpl.dll.html

"What is NvCpl.dll? Is NvCpl.dll spyware or a virus?

Process name: NVIDIA Display Properties Extension
Product: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version
Company: NVIDIA Corporation (www.nvidia.com)
File: NvCpl.dll

If you want a detailed security rating about your NvCpl.dll (and all other running background processes) download the free trial version of Security Task Manager.

Note: Any malware can be named anything - so you should check where the files of the running processes are located on your disk. If a "non-Microsoft" .exe file is located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, then there is a high risk for a virus, spyware, trojan or worm infection! Check it out!"

Kakei

Kakei

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well my friend mentioned that it is most likly a virus, and that i should wipe my cpu clean, but i dunno how to do that

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Is this what you want...?

I personally like "MemTurbo" http://www.memturbo....eedownloads.asp?

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
NvCpl.exe is the virus, from what I have read...but check the malware gang to be sure...

re: wiping the CPU...again, they will tell you what to do in malware...