Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Control Panel

• Please log in to reply

D3158

D3158

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello there,
I was wondering if i can TEMPORARY HIDE my CONTROL PANEL in Administrative Tools. Can i be able to do that?

Thank You
D3158

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Why?

D3158

D3158

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thats not the answer to my question. But thank you.

Thanks but no thanks
D3158

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

I was wondering if i can TEMPORARY HIDE my CONTROL PANEL in Administrative Tools. Can i be able to do that?

Are you trying to hide the Control Panel or the Administrative Tools applet?

D3158

D3158

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Are you trying to hide the Control Panel or the Administrative Tools applet?

I am trying to hide Control Panel itself. I got my Windows XP Start Menu in Classic Mode layout.

Thank You
D3158

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
http://www.windowsne.../rtips103.shtml

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
We all have to remember that we are asking questions for an audience, even though it starts out being a question of our own. The number of "visitors" attests to that fact. Not all of he audience may have your specific "need" on their mind, but they may find the process of interest.
..and the thought process, instructional. Now, I have never had a need for doing what you want...and I was wondering why anyone would want, or need to do such. If I get into a similar situation, I'd like to recognize it and then how to solve the problem.

e.g. I want to "hide" the control panel because it upsets my cat...

Those with cats, now are warned about the impending problems should the occasion arise...

Have a happy... :whistling:

D3158

D3158

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

We all have to remember that we are asking questions for an audience, even though it starts out being a question of our own. The number of "visitors" attests to that fact. Not all of he audience may have your specific "need" on their mind, but they may find the process of interest.
..and the thought process, instructional. Now, I have never had a need for doing what you want...and I was wondering why anyone would want, or need to do such. If I get into a similar situation, I'd like to recognize it and then how to solve the problem.

e.g. I want to "hide" the control panel because it upsets my cat...

Those with cats, now are warned about the impending problems should the occasion arise...

Have a happy... :whistling:

What is your problem, b1caez01? I thought this was "geeks" 2 go community helping each other but you aren't helping a bit, so why don't you go away from this forum and don't reply at all. Plus, when i said hide my control panel, i mean just that and why do i need to do that? It's none off your business. I just need solutions from geeks2go community and if they do help me out, i will thank them and try to help with their problem if i can in the future.

Thank You
D3158

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
give this a try

you might even be able to hide them if thats what you want to do

open your control panel.......then go to edit...select all...on any blue icon right click create shortcut....then right click on desktop...select new folder...click on it...then highlight all the icons you placed on desk top from control panel drag and drop in new folder...when your done rename folder to administration tools...go back to control panel remove all icons

not sure if thats what you want but i wouldnt modify control panel

but if you do i hope you have a restore point cause if something dont seem right then you can fix it back

D3158

D3158

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks ALOT rushin1nd. I will give this a shot. Yes, i am aware there may be some problem, so i will have a Restore Point.

Thank you,
D3158

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Acutally, this forum should be used for technical help as far as I'm concerned. If someone wants to know why an individual wants help, maybe they should try a gossip center forum. Of course if someone wants to pirate software or a minor child wants to know how to disable parental controls, then maybe why should be asked.

As far as I could see, D3158's post fit neither of these catagories, so the why is D3158's business not mine.

Maybe I'm blinded by the occassional small piece of shrapnel that still works it's way out of my body since the Nam war, but I feel if more folk would mind their own business the whole world would be better off.

After all, curiosity killed the cat.

The above is just the opinion of an aging Veteran. Others may disagree. (and I'm sure they will) :whistling:

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
I apologize if anyone'e sensibilities were bruised. My question was a legitimate tech related question as well.

As a Beta-tester in the past, and a hobby Beta-tester, at present, it is second nature to dig into the "guts" of an issue, feed the results back to the programmers, and then make the product better as a result. If one knows the whys, then we can zero in on the wherefores.

Please do not make a query a personal issue. I am only trying to help and I could care less, as to the motivation of your question. Even if it is to conquer the world through the process...I was interested in whether the aim was to solve a problem...and the problem was what I was hoping to find out about.

e.g.
...this is occuring...it is a problem...how do I solve it... >legitimate question
...but why is the problem occurring?

...if "we" do not understand the cause, one will never find the proper solution...and the long range issue then becomes that the problem may crop up again...

See my thread on the holding of folder options...quite a bunch are interested in the issue. It is irrelevant why I want the Details setting held, but the WHY is important, as you can see by the hundreds of folks who are interested.

There was no "gossipping" or skulldugery implied...it was a straight forward question, as was your origninal matter.

If "we" are just in the business of responding techinically, then how do I avoid the rigarmarole of having to call India, every time I want to reactivate XP?

Lighten up, life's too short to get our nickers in a knot :blink:

END OF THREAD...

Bad boy...I'll go hide in my cave now...ta-rah :whistling:

Edited by b1caez01, 15 December 2006 - 08:51 AM.