Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of duty slow start up.

• Please log in to reply

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hey guys,

When ever I start up COD it takes about 5 mins to load and then for another 5 mins it will have a black screen. Not only this but when ever i connect to a Multiplayer server i will get connection Interuptions for about 2 mins. This has been getting on my nerves ever since it started.

Note: This has only started to happend about 6 months ago and it's getting worse.

Edited by Jazza, 13 December 2006 - 12:16 AM.

Advertisements

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
What kind of video card do you have? And did you update your video card?

Jazza

Jazza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
I have an ATI Radeon 9250 256MB Graphic Card and it's fully up to date.

Jazza

Jazza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
OK, New problem happening when I connect, I will have a fine ping until it freezes in game and then i will have 999 for 2 mins again. Letting you know these games are SD (search and destroy) and with 12 rounds for about 6 of them im 999 so i miss out on half the game and then it will change map unless admin of the server is there.

Please help me!:whistling:

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
What are your exact PC specs, I'm guessing you know by knowing your graphics card, but if not, please download this and run the report wizard:

http://www.geekstogo...a...ails&f_id=9

Alternatively you can (after running this program) open "Computer" then "Summary". Right click one of these values, and click "copy all", paste this then into a .txt notepad file or simply paste the results in your next post.

Jazza

Jazza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
My computer is compatible because I can kind of run CoD 2(But a black screen when playing, other topic) but it just load really slow.