Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Sound Trouble

• Please log in to reply

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
I reformatted windows xp from windows 98 se i went to control panel and upated any yellow question marks

multimedia sound controller would not update couldnt find software..download vga from manufactures site

tried a download for sound audio but wont open because cannot find key so searched all sites and

couldnt find anything so decided to use driver genius it located the driver that was required for

sound card these are the drivers ADI888Sound max Audio Driver required for MAKE:TOUCH

MODEL 7252
THE MOTHER BOARD IS P4S533 MX now i have no yellow in th device manager..but

in control panel audio is grayed out....the new download sound max is grayed out its just a reformat so nothing is installed

except for NORTON ANTIVIRUS CORPORATE EDITION 10 ....ADAWARE1.06 and only WINDOWS FIREWALL

so i need help in getting sound to the system......All Advice And Help Is WELCOMED

Edited by rushin1nd, 13 December 2006 - 01:01 AM.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
WELL WELL after spending my long hours............ my wife sat down for 5 minutes and i explain to her what i did so she went to control under audio change the default settings to soundmax and the gray areas went away a put cd in and got sound ........then gave me a big smile and said im not a geek .......thanks to her the device works

Edited by rushin1nd, 13 December 2006 - 06:59 AM.