Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unidentified problem with programs

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok...I think the most logical way to approach this one is to assume (until we prove otherwise) that this machine is still infected. Not all infections are easy to spot, and I haven't seen that particular "harvester" for a very long time. I'd be willing to bet some of our younger techs have never heard of it. dialupass.exe can be a legit file, but on your machine...I'm a bit suspicious of it.

I'm going to have a mod from malware tag team with me on this one...let me discuss my thoughts with him and see what he thinks. I'll get back to this as soon as we've had a chance to look things over a bit.

Advertisements

Miserey

Miserey

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks Hun. I appreciate your time and effort very much.
I have a ton of Christmas stuff to do and will check in and out as often as I can.
Grumpy Grampa thanks you too :whistling:

Miserey

" Always find the Humor "

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I'm going to have you post a new HJT log in Malware. Some of the folks there would like to take a look at this problem. loophole says he'll be happy to take your topic.

Sooooo...Start an new topic in the Malware Forum. Use "Miserey" as the topic title and for the description, put "wannabe1 sent me".

loophole will be watching for it.

Post a link to the new topic here for me, so I can join in the fun.