Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help - USB Ports

• Please log in to reply

gshepp

gshepp

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have an HP Pavilion ze2000 laptop that I have had ever since August of 2005. It's been running great this whole time because I take good care of it. But all of a sudden both of my USB ports stopped working. I had no idea how to fix them, and I ruled out the fact that the laptop got bumped around and they broke because the laptop has been sitting in the same spot for weeks.

I assumed it was a software problem, because there still is power running through them. I know this because I have a USB powered fan that I use sometimes, and that still works, and the blue light underneath my USB travel mouse lights up too, but there seems to be no data being processed. Because of all this, I decided to reinstall the OS (don't worry, I sent all my files to my desktop computer). Unfortunately, it didn't work and now I have a laptop with nothing. I can't even access my wireless home network.

I was told by a friend of mine that's good with computers that I need to reinstall the drivers for the USB ports. What I am asking of everybody here is:
A) Where can I find the drivers if that is what I need?
B) or what else can I do if it's not that?

Thank you for your time and if i remember anything that I didn't post, I'll update this soon. Thanks you very much, and I hope someone can help.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You might look here.

http://h10025.www1.h...n...=en&lang=en

Perhaps reinstalling the chipset drivers may fix the problem. Ze2000 drivers are here.

http://h10025.www1.h...r...824&lang=en

Perhaps the "System enhancements disk" for XP (sp2) would help as it has USB drivers.

SRX660

gshepp

gshepp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks, but the word USB isn't even found on the drivers download page. Trust me, I checked (well, the Find command checked...). And that other site deals with USB devices not working, not the USB ports themselves. Unless I'm being stubborn and am blind to what you just showed me (which I usually am), I couldn't find anything of much use. Thanks, though.

mackie-007

mackie-007

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi have u fixed your problem yet if not have you tried looking on the hp website for drivers
:whistling:

mackie-007

mackie-007

• Pip
  • 4 posts
try this for the drivers
http://h10025.www1.h...r...ng=en&cc=uk

gshepp

gshepp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
No, it still doesn't work, and no, the HP website is of no help; I already looked. The word USB isn't even mentioned on the page, nor do any of their drivers look as if they might help.