Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Intel Core 2 X6800 Extreme Edition 2.93 GHz

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
hello, i want to build my own pc...i am a complete noob, i know nothing about compatability of different pc hardware but i do know 1 thing, i am going to build a pc with the intel 2 x6800 extreme, but will it matter what motherboard i get?...or anything else for that matter?....my plan is to seperatly buy all the required pc hardware and have a friend of mine make my pc since i don't know what i am doing...this pc is going to be a gaming/graphics pc...i will use it to run high peformance games and work on projects using memory eating programs such as photoshop and poser...and help would be appreciated...i just need a push in the right direction......also, i currently have a dell dimension 2400, which i know is super old but is there any parts from this i can salvage to build my new pc?...its all original parts, i dunno what kind though...

thank you