Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New Video Card, no display?

• Please log in to reply

J-Dav

J-Dav

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, I just purchased the new Radeonx1300 Pro. I previously had a Radeon
9550. Now when I remove all drivers and hardware of my previous video card then switch in the x1300 card, as soon as I plug my Monitor in and boot up my CPU a pattern of pixels is the only thing I see. I can hear my cpu entering Windows XP/etc. but I can't see a thing. Just this screen of colour with dashed lines of pixels running vertically down the screen. I switched back to my older video card and it works fine. Would it be that the x1300 doesn't support this monitor? It's a Samsung SyncMaster 753DF.

Advertisements

J-Dav

J-Dav

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Anyone? Should I return it for a new one?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. What does the card require that your system have in order to make it run properly? Is it a PCI card?

J-Dav

J-Dav

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It is a AGP, 8x/4x like my older card.

Serrik

Serrik

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Is there a supplementary power input on the video card you have not hooked up?

Also, unplug your video cable and double check that all the pins are standing straight. Sometimes one gets bent over when you plug in the cable, and can cause this problem

If not, I think you have a bad card and should return it. If you are getting this glitchy behaviour right from boot up (without even a motherboard splash screen) that is likely the case.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I had behaviour like this when a pipe leaked on my water cooling and it splashed all over my card. I took it out and left it to dry amazingly it was fine after. My point is it sounds like its damaged if it had dashing pixels in the BIOS, if it does come down to being damaged, contact the seller.