Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with PC DVD Game install

• Please log in to reply

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I recently bought Battle Field 2142 PC-DVD version. I tried installing it, first thing I did was put the disk in and it didn't auto run or bring up a menu. I went into my computer and clicked on the icon for the cd rom drive. It detected the CD was in there and when i clicked on it it gave me the message: "F:\ is not a valid Win32 application" Then I explored the CD and tried the Auto Run executable and it also gave me the same message. I tried the setup.exe icon and it gave me a similar message. What I'm trying to ask is, Do I need a driver or a plugin of some sort to be able to read the PC-DVD disk. I have a DVD player, and also a DVD Burner... I've tried with both ROMs. I'm able to play DVDs all the time.

Thanks
Strikermed

Advertisements

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hey strikermed,

I had this similar problem and I found out it was a Trojan stopping me from opening anything, you might want to do a virus scan and go to the malware forum.

Edited by Jazza, 19 December 2006 - 09:51 PM.