Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hardware problems

• Please log in to reply

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I have a hardware called"multimedia video controller". It says that It's a code 28>_<

Advertisements

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I have a hardware called"multimedia video controller". It says that It's a code 28>_<
I also have I problem with my "yamaha opl3-sax wdm driver". It says it's a code 29
I am totally clusless
PLz help!!!!!

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
What is the manufacturer name and model of the Multimedia Controller?

Per this Microsoft article, error 28 is "driver not installed". http://support.micro...b/310123/EN-US/

Try updating or reinstalling the driver. Go to Device Manager (right click My Computer, Properties, Hardware tab, Device Manager button), and you should see the device in the list with a red 'x' or yelloy '?'. Right click it, Properties, Driver tab, Update Driver.

If Windows can't find the drivers, we'll have to locate some for you, based on manufacturer name/model.

What happened with your computer prior to this error first appearing?

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
It's indicated in a yellow ? mark. Although the yamaha opl3-sax wdm driver (code 29 error) is maufactered by yamaha, well duh, the multimedia video controller(code 28 error) is unknown. I tried to reinstall both of them through the device manager and still they both doesn't seem to work. This happened right after I installed windows 2000 over windows ME.
I guess that might have been the problem, and now i might need new drivers, I don't know...

SgtApone

SgtApone

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a similar problem. I updated my daughter's computer from Millenium to XP Home Edition w/service pack 2 and got the same message "The drivers for this device are not installed" (error code #28). Apparently this is prohibiting my computer from connecting to the internet either from my home network or from the modem directly so I cannot easily get support online. My Video card is a voodoo 5 by 3dFX and I use the SoundBlasterLive Legacy sound card. The only problem I see in the device manager is the yellow question mark/exclamation point next to Multimedia Audio Controller, but cannot get any info from the details since all it gives is unknown/not installed. :whistling: If you could help me to locate where I might obtain this driver(s) it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by SgtApone, 15 January 2007 - 05:29 PM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
What you need is the main board specific drivers.
Is the computer home built/ If so, then you should have the CD.

You can run Belarc Advisor to tell you what you have in your comp.
With that info, we should be able to find some drivers.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Code 28
The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28).

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver

Solution button: Reinstall Driver

This code means the device was not installed completely.

To resolve this issue, follow the recommended solution. If that does not work, try removing the device from Device Manager and using the Add New Hardware wizard to redetect it. You may need to obtain updated drivers if the error still occurs.

Code 29
This device is disabled because the BIOS for the device did not give it any resources. (Code 29)

You must enable the device in the BIOS. See your hardware documentation for details, or contact your computer manufacturer to get an updated BIOS.

Solution button: None

This code means that the device has been disabled because the device does not work properly and cannot be made to work properly with Windows. This code may also be present if the device is intentionally disabled in the BIOS.

You may be able to resolve this error code by enabling or disabling the device in the computer's CMOS settings. Windows cannot override this setting. Please contact the computer's manufacturer for assistance with using the computer's CMOS configuration program.

if the drivers dont want to work anymore

use driver genius
the only drawback for you to download the compatible driver using driver genius is you need to purchase the program
but the good thing about it ..it will show the driver you need even the date it became available..so you can look it up on the web site or post it here and someone will look for it
ive used the program and look the driver up on the web and it turned out that it works

http://www.driver-soft.com/