Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

need some advice please ...

• Please log in to reply

Buccaneer

Buccaneer

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I'm a total newbie to web development and design. I own a newly formed promotional products company and current my web site is a simple 4 pager that I did myself on GoDaddy: www.purpledogpromotions.com.

I realize that my site looks very simplistic and not really professional, and I want to "upgrade" it, but I need to a simple and easy to learn way to do it, so that I'm not at the mercy of a professional that will charge me every time I need or want to change something.

1and1 has a pretty good deal for hosting, and offers a program called Net Objects Fusion 8 that I have on the way to me. Is that program worth playing with ? Would it be enough for me to redesign my own site ?

Any opinions or comments are welcomed. Thanks in advance ..

Phil

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
If you new to web design you have two options, learn HTML so you can do it by hand or use a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor.

The first has more potential and the second is easier. Net Objects Fusion 8 seams from what I read to be a OK program. Else try http://www.nvu.com

1and1 does have some very nice deals I might look into it what I need more hosting.

Tell us how you go with your redesign. You might like to start a topic in our Review My Site forum when your done http://www.geekstogo...y_Site-f96.html

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 667 posts
Learn to do it by hand first. All editors show the resulting code differently most of the time.

Plus, the cost is right! :whistling:

I actually use 1and1 at work (I inherited it from my predecessor actually) and so far they have been pretty good.

I use Qualityhostonline.com for my personal pages and have for the past 3 years without a single issue.

Look around. A good place to review and get an idea of others experience with certain hosts is at webhostingtalk.com