Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp doesn't recognize cd-rw

• Please log in to reply

Larrycleve

Larrycleve

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
xp stopped recognizing cd-rw's several weeks ago. It showed in properties things like size 1.2 mg. no available space. I found a workaround by turning off and then on recording in properties. Other burning software works fine so this is definitely an xp problem. I tried sfc /scannow, an xp repair install. deleting the cd driver in device manager, and deleting the upper and lower filters in the registry. I did a google and it seems others are having this problem. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
have you tried looking for updated drivers for your sound card

even anlternate version but something thats compatible with your computer

Edited by rushin1nd, 14 December 2006 - 11:38 PM.

Larrycleve

Larrycleve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I actually don't have a sound card. I'm using a usb device from musicmatch. It plugs into a usb slot and the speakers plug into it. It works quite well.