Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to get rid of C++ viruses

• Please log in to reply

Gamerdude67688

Gamerdude67688

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So, I found this wierd text file in what looks like a C++ directory, and it was a log that dtailed that actions of this virus, and we have no idea how to get rid of it. SpyBot didnt find it, so that didnt work. We decided to leave it alone for now, as it was not doing anything threatening. Then, recently i found another file on my computer that was also in what looked like a C++ directory, but I could not delete the file, or anything. SpyBot doesnt see this one, either. What do I have to do te get rid of these viruses?

Edited by Gamerdude67688, 15 December 2006 - 03:34 AM.

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Did you refer your problem to the malware forum...that's the place to go.

In the meantime, try this...download any free "unlocker" type progs you can find, or ones that are good for X number of days on a trial basis. Identify the files that you are SURE are not yours or needed or are relatively harmless...then FLAG them for deletion on the next boot by using the prog [one or more, until it works] function for that command... Repeat as necessary...if it works.

The problem goes deeper, and the malware gang will help you.