Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stuck on install of XP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jmckin06

jmckin06

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello,

I recently tried formatting and reinstalling Windows XP on my second laptop (Alienware Area 51m) with a normal Windows XP Professional SP 2 CD. It formatted just fine, and went through the first process just great. After rebooting it, and going to the installing windows part, it does not get any farther. It gives me a fatal error, stating "The signature for Windows XP Professional Setup is invalid. The error code is 800b0100. No signature was present in the subject."

If it helps, it had Windows XP Home and I'm trying to put Professional on it. I do not have a floppy disk drive in this so I cannot boot to a different OS. Also, it absolutely REFUSES to boot to CD-ROM or I could probably fix this problem.

Thanks.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...s...=141949&hl= duplicate