Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NTLDR File!

• Please log in to reply

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Sorry for the confusion. So all errors are happening on the non-booting computer.

First step: take the Windows copy CD to another computer, pop it in the drive, and try to browse the contents. This will confirm that there is indeed stuff written on it, and it will tell us if the CD is protected in some way that would generate the access denied error. OR, is there anyway to get your hands on the original Windows CD?

Do you have a floppy drive on the PC that won't boot? There may be another way to get those files copied using a boot floppy.

Advertisements

jennyxoxo.com

jennyxoxo.com

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Im able to find the files I need......but the computer does not have a floppy drive......I tried using a usb flash drive but that didn;t work...

thanks
Jennifer

jennyxoxo.com

jennyxoxo.com

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Yes finally!.....I restarted my pc.....and used a usb flash drive on drive "h"......and was able to copy the two files from there....and it WORKS!!....

Thank you so much for all your help!!

Jennifer

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Wonderful news! :whistling: