Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Photosmart Premiere 6.0 won't uninstall/work

• Please log in to reply

Leesie

Leesie

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi,

I've been having the error on start up that it wanted to install photogallery, couldn't find the file, insert disk. I got that cleaned up with the help of hp support. However its created a new problem. Since I used the windows installer cleanup to get rid of the first problem, HP photosmart will not work. I was told to uninstall and reinstall from system application recovery but it won't uninstall. The screen clicks back to control panel.
Is there another way to get rid of this somehow?

thnx

~Lis

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
is photosmart listed in the msi cleanup tool?

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
msi cleanup tool? Not sure what you mean sorry.

This is my newest error message when I try to open the program --

the program has encountered an unexpected error
index was out of range. must be non negative and less than the size of the collection
parameter name: index

~Lis

Edited by Leesie, 29 December 2006 - 02:13 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is HP Photosmart listed in the windows installer clean up

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
No its not

~Lis

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what printer is this for?

Have you downloaded the latest version from hp's website? They offer two versions. the 298meg one is the full sofware/driver package. The smaller one (42meg) includes the driver and hp support center software.

I just installed a photosmart 3140 printer for my niece over christmas. I had issues with it until I downloaded the software from hp. I also went through the support center to figure out how to remove the previous software install. It has a self diagnosis/troubleshooting routine that works well. That's assuming you got far enough to get the support software installed. IF not, download the latest version.

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
It didn't come with a printer, it came preloaded on my new laptop this summer. I wanted to touch up some old photos and it started doing this. I've searched the hp website and can only find the freebie 11mb version.

~Lis

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
still having the same problem. Just wondering if anyone has a link to download the program? its photosmart premier 6.0. Tried recovery over the program and it just gives the same error.

~Lis

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you said this came with your laptop. What brand/model is it?

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
hp pavilion media centre dv8233cl

~Lisa

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, well hp has run me around in circles. I would recommend that you contact them and see what they say. You may end up purchasing a new version of photosmart. From looking at hp's site I am lead to believe that you should have a separate install disk for photosmart.

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
So far their email tech support's been pretty clueless on this one but I'll call and see what they say. Its funny how it worked fine for months then went funny. You'd think the version they install as a backup version would work :whistling:
Thanks for the help! I appreciate it :blink:

~Lis

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try Live Chat

http://ipgweb.cce.hp...t...ng=en&cc=us

My brother had problems with their software after installing IE7 so they gave him an upgraded version

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Thanks Keith! I will try that :whistling:

~Lis