Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox 360 vs. Nintendo Wii vs. Playstation 3

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
That's retarded, maybe there making both thicker.

Advertisements

coxmaster

coxmaster

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
The only thing Nintendo Did was make the wrist strap thicker. Nothing else, and ITS NOT A RECAL. Its just an optional fix, i got my Replacement wrist straps but i dont use my wrist straps anyway.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
W/e I recently got Nintendo Wii, its amazing. I now have the two leading, and personally I think the two best systems. Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii. Proof that these are the two leading:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nintendo Wii and Playstation 3 came out almost at the exact same time and Wii is already beating Playstation 3's [bleep] by 1,279,947 console sales. Thats a lot.

Edited by Steve Soleimani, 30 December 2006 - 10:00 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The wii is like a third of the price of the PS3 so that goes a long way to explaining that the Wii is very affordable and available the PS3 is much less so.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
We really won't see who is this best till a year goes by. And number of consoles sold doesn't make any console any better or worse. Like warrior scott said, the PS3 is the most expensive, and there really isn't any point of paying that much for a system if you don't have a HDTV......well there still is a point, you just won't be getting the most out of it. Also sadly i think the PS3 has met demand, i see them at every store now.
James

pccromeo

pccromeo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
My niece and nephew got a Wii for Christmas and I played it for the first time today and I must say...IT IS AWESOME! When compared to the other 3G competitors the Wii is like a 5G. The Wii-mote is awesome. I must go buy a Wii now...

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Yes yes. I have Zelda which is an amazing game. I also purchased 3000 Wii points and downloaded a couple old school classic games <3. I also can't wait until the new Mario games to come.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
i think the Wii's design with the controller is great but i dont like any of the games on it except COD3 and most of the games are aimmed at 3-12 year olds no offence if u have one. PS3 is great but the controller has seen better days and it is way way to expensive. The best console for value and games has to be the Xbox 360 but its only personal perference. I can see the atraction of the Wii cause its not that exepnsive and it looks fun to play but i would rather spend more money and get an Xbox 360. The PS3 will sell slowly but surely most people are waiting for the price to drop.

Im not going to guy a console though id rather wait for DX10 cards and games to be released now that will be good. PC is trailing behind the consoles but not for long lol

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Yea here is the updated listings:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

coxmaster

coxmaster

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
Actually Steve it depends where you look. Some other Sources say that the Wii has broke 3.5 million.

Advertisements

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Oh well I found that one day, and all I know is that the number increases every so often. So I would figure its accurate if its increasing by every single console. Anyway its also just so people get the "idea" of whats going on.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
To be honest sales figures mean little it all just really depends on what you are going to use the system for and how much money you have that will really determine what you should buy.

The PS3 though looks like it might become the home brewers wet dream its allready able to run gentoo linux now from a live CD which makes it an expensive console but a cheap PC and media center.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Still, even if PS3 were cheaper, I wouldn't want it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
That's your choice though its personal, personally i don't care about anyone else's choice in entertainment hardware you select based on what you need/want nothing else should really matter other than that. Each of the three consoles on the market now are unique each have a different angle they are playing from and each has things it can do that the others cant its the consumer who decides what things they want from the console they buy.

To give an example my choices would probably go along the logic of:
Wii: looks fun, cheap, if i find a good price i would consider it but only if there are enough game i would want to play.
360: looks fun but i already have a PC for gaming and the games cost too much for me.
PS3: maybe if i had the money but more as a media centre than a games console like i said dont need one, i could do with a media centre or small PC for my living room, ild wait for the 2nd gen though.

But i wont buy any of them, ive got a PC and my money is better spent on that. But the reasons for buying something are different, some people dont like the games for the nintendo some people dont need a media centre of have a good PC, lots of different angles you have to pick the one that suits you and your life.

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
As of right now 1. 360 2. PS3 3. Wii...

The ps3 shouldn't have A. Been introduced at E3 2005 (I think, 'twas a long time ago >_>), which lead to them being rushed into a crappy release......and B. Shouldn't have been released at the same time as the Wii. Honestly, they have like 4 decent games on the playstation 3, and it's $600, who the [bleep] wants a console that virtually no one has and you can only play 4 decent games on?

The Wii release was smooth and planned perfectly and its selling lots of consoles (I can name 10 people off the top of my head who got one for Christmas) , so Nintendo achieved its goal, but the console itself is absolute crap. It's a decent console for those who still play their gameboys >_>

The 360 was released early, and got a head-start...right now I'd say it's got the best games and best internet service, however I'm assuming within the next year the playstation 3 will improve its games and online service quite a bit.