Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 2000 uninstallation

• Please log in to reply

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Somehow I would like to uninstall windows 2000 and replace it with Windows ME. however, my hard dive is converted already from a fat 32 or something and now how can i convert it back and install Windows Me again?

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
FAT32 is what ME supports.

Are you talking about NTFS?

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
WHen windows 2000 is installed, it converts the harddrive (it structure or something) to a NTFS. Since windows ME doesn't support that, me installing windows me Back would be clueless to me unless i format the disc

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
so you wanna delete everything and do a full-clean install?

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I don't want to format the harddrive just to convert it into a FAT structure again. Is there anyway to do that ?

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Simple answer is NO you cant convert back

http://www.microsoft...convertfat.mspx

Once you convert a drive or partition to NTFS, you cannot simply convert it back to FAT or FAT32. You will need to reformat the drive or partition which will erase all data, including programs and personal files, on the partition.