Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen Resolution

• Please log in to reply

philstone

philstone

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I keep my screen in a 1280 X 1024 resolution all the time, but recently everything on the screen looks unfocused, the text font has appeared to change in every program and on my desktop apprearing slightly blurry. I have tried changing the resolution in display settings but it didn't help. What can i do to restore my display to what i am used to?

Advertisements

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Did you update your drivers recently? Or not? Start there...

philstone

philstone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I tried to update my drivers and i got a message saying my current drivers were a newer version

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is it an LCD

philstone

philstone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I have an LCD monitor

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if clear type helps

http://www.microsoft...uner/Step1.aspx

philstone

philstone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
it didn't help. the problem is hard to explain, it's not just font it's the whole resolution on the computer, it is still in the regular resolution that i keep it in, but it almost seems like the and icon's have all gotten a little smaller and rounder and they seem out of focus. It affects all written text in internet explorer, word, notepad and on my desktop