Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with LCD TV/Monitor & 6600

• Please log in to reply

jaycjayz

jaycjayz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an nVidia 6600 PCIe card connected via DVI to a Westinghouse LTV-32w3 HDTV. The TV/Monitor has a resolution of 1366/768. When I try to set my resolution to anything above 1280/1024, the screen has about a 2 inch vertical line going down the left side of the display. If I set the resolution to 1280/1024, it is not there, but the display has black bars all the way around the usable desktop area. It is also worth noting that when I take my mouse to the far right of the screen, I can see the pointer on the left side of the screen. Its almost like the right edge is cut off, and has been placed on the left of the screen.

My drivers are up to date (as of today), and I have searched the Westinghouse website as well as nVidia's for answers, but cannot seem to come up with any.

I am running Win XP SP2 - with all current updates. I tried to take a screen shot, but it seems the imperfection will not show on a screen shot. So I took a picture.

I only took a picture of the left side, because there is no problem with the rest. As you can see....

Internet = Inet
E-mail = E-
Full Tilt Poker = FuPoker
And so on.

I have a feeling the answer lies somewhere within the advanced timing settings.... but I have no clue what to change, and what NOT to change..... which is why I thought I'd "ask the experts."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1display.jpg

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Part of the problem is that nvidia cards do not like to recognize TVs properly through DVI or VGA, it sets default sizing and programming to Monitor style. LCD TVs and Monitors are not interchangable, they are very different.

If youc onnect through s-video, component, or composite, do you see these issues?

jaycjayz

jaycjayz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No issue connecting through any other source. The TV is otherwise perfect.

Right now I have it set at 1280/720 and have no underscan or overscan, just set at native. It fills the usable screen area 100%, but everything is very, very big.

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Honestly, your best bet is to just connect through component from the card. It will give you the best quality overall, and save you the giant headache of wrestling for hours with the current nVidia control panel.