Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help using my tv as a computer display

• Please log in to reply

aaronhm16

aaronhm16

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
ok, I have an ATI Radeon 7000 graphics card with a yellow RCA out. I connected a cable from that to a RF modulator which converts it into a composite signal which feeds into the tv. The TV is fairly new.. less than a year old... but pretty cheap. I tried to make it show my desktop by going into settings and enabeling the monitor. When the TV is on it detects it (because there is a check next to attached) and when it is off it realizes it too. The problem is that the image on the TV is distorted. It is in black and white and flickers very bad. I can tell that it is my background but can't see anything more than that. Is there some setting I must adjust? Please help.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
adjust your display settings down in resolution as much as you can. if it then shows up you can slowly adjust it up but most likely it won't work at very hi-res as a tv is far below even a vga monitor in display.... I'm surprised if the tv is only 1 year old that it doesn't have rca inputs.....

aaronhm16

aaronhm16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I does have an RCA input.. I think.. but I can't locate any channel that will display it. I actually got it to work through my VCR... so I don't know why it works for that but not the RF modulator. Oh well... at least it works now.