Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

187GB Hard Drive - Only 1.7GB available?!

• Please log in to reply

Litespeed 2007

Litespeed 2007

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Could anyone please cast their professional opinion over a current problem i'm experiencing with my pc? I went to burn a dvd off today using nero and it pops up with the error message:

"there is not enough space available for the recording process:
there are 1774mb available in the folder C:\DOCUMEN~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
but the recording process will need approximately 4568mb

How possible is it that I have that much data on my hard drive I'm near full capacity of available memory?
Running the nero process yesterday posed no problem at all however today the problem arises??
Any ideas? Could it be a virus?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
get spacemonger...

SpaceMonger is a tool for keeping track of the free space on your computer. Each file or folder on a given drive is displayed in a box in the main window whose size is a relative comparison to all the other files in your system. The program supports popup info-tips that can display the full filename, the icon, the date, size, and attributes of any file or folder. You can delete files from the right click menu and customize the number of files to be shown as well as the color scheme.

http://www.snapfiles...pacemonger.html

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
The space that Nero is telling is the space on the DVD. The stuff you wan t to put on the DVD is bigger than the space on the DVD. Your hardrive isn't the problem, it's the size of the DVD.

Get a DualLayer dvd burner and DVD and try again.