Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IE keeps closing, VGA driver gone,,, HJ here

• Please log in to reply

steveAA

steveAA

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Attached File  hijackthis121606.txt   9.45KB   122 downloadsI cleaned multiple areas and ended up doing a "Last sucessful" . ReUpdated MS. Now IE closes whenever it wants to, and especially if I go to Microsoft.com. My SiS 661 system VGA driver is gone and I can't get it back. Here's the HJT file. Norton checks out OK, but I still think there's something going on. HELP. :whistling: OK,, NOw What

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Get your driver here.

Follow the steps outlined on this page and post a log that we can read.

Do you use AOL, or was it installed on your computer when you bought it?

Johanna

steveAA

steveAA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Thanks Johanna.
I tried to update the video driver. My IE just kept crashing and I couldn't do it.
I downloaded a driver from SiS but I don't have WinZip to unzip the file.
The AOL was on my computer.

steveAA

steveAA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Attached File  hijackthis121606.txt   9.45KB   57 downloadsMy problem started several days ago, after I had done everything on the Malware page. I was encountering crashes when I did Panda scans. I may have messed up with some registry deletes! I finally did a system restore and that is when I've have lots of problems since. Lost Internet connections,etc. Reloaded SiS 900 to get Internet connections back.
Here's the HJT last scan.

steveAA

steveAA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I now have VGA and home MSN page page back after downloading new drivers. Seems to be working, but I'm concerned that other parts of my OS may be compromised also. How can I be sure I'm safe? All virus scans, ATF, Panda, etc show OK. Does anything show up on my HJT file?