Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trouble installing SATA controller drivers

• Please log in to reply

luckyboym

luckyboym

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
I'm trying to install drivers for a sata controller but with no luck. Everytime the installation starts my system crashes. I try to start it back up but it stops on the logo screen and crashes again. I cant boot into safe mode and can only do the "previous config" option. Is there anything I can do to install the drivers?

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Could we have your motherboard and operating system, please? Or full system specs, something else in there may make a difference.

luckyboym

luckyboym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Well, i run win xp, but I dont know the mobo off hand. The funny thing is that the controller installed fine when i bought it, but after I reformatted my harddrive I cant get it to work.

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Is that a factory built computer? Like HP, Dell, etc?

luckyboym

luckyboym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
yep, sure is

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
What is the exact model and manufacturer?

luckyboym

luckyboym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Its an HP but I'm not sure of the model, I'll check when I get off work. Its the best one at circuit city with the amd proc.

Edited by luckyboym, 19 December 2006 - 08:21 AM.