Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dr. Web Cure It?

• Please log in to reply

newbie geek

newbie geek

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I was advised in another forum to try this program as I was having problems installing the last 2 versions 6.0.9.2 which after reboot kept requesting a burner be installed, it was checked and was recognized or an alternative of d/l any dvd again which I did after removing the unworkable version and doing a reg clean and d/l my original purchase version with the key and serial number. the key i have saved to a floppy.
The program version simply would not open.

Then I removed it and tried the new version of 6.0.9.5 and with this version the Red Fox on the desktop was faded and there was no fox in the task bar which meant the program was not working.

I contacted slysoft and they said to buy another key!!

Then in one forum there was mention that Any Dvd can be hooked up to a Trojan "sdchsvc.exe"/ "nssbsv.exe" and corrupt the program and that the only program that could rid of it was Dr. Web Cure It and I was given the Link which was from Slysoft:
My Webpage

I tried to download this and got this error:

"The archive file is either unknown or damaged."
Cannot open C:\Documents and Settings\norm\Local Settings\Temp Internet Files\Content.IE5\OPABGFER\cureit[1].exe

I tried to delete this and redownload it again and it remains installed on the computer with this error and the application of course will do nothing.

I use IE 6 and run and update Trojan Hunter daily.

My original purchased version of any dvd d/'s fine and opens fine; but it is well outdated.
Contacting slysoft has been a useless exercise and it was them that mentioned this Trojan that I noted above and can't find anything on Google about.

I believed Trojan Hunter to be a good program and want to know how to rid of Dr. Web Cure Installer now and get comments on its validity as a program?? And also comments on this hook on Trojan????

My system is xp,sp2, 512 ram,60 gig internal HDD and BenQ 162I and Sony 810 UL burners.

I have tried in forums regarding this situation and get rude unproductive comments suggesting that I am trying to ruin the image of Any Dvd. Far from it as I have been using it very satisfactorily since 2005.
I don't understand forums where members jump all over a person when asking questions, very defensive of the Any Dvd program????
So I am hoping that someone can help here, I am really trying to get this purchased program working and don't understand Dr. Web and this alleged Trojan that slysoft themselves mention???

All comments appreciated re Dr Web and this Trojan, thankyou.

Edited by newbie geek, 17 December 2006 - 09:50 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.