Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disconnection Problems

• Please log in to reply

XVRayne

XVRayne

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Currently I am running Windows XP Pro on my system which is a home brewed PC that has never given me problems since I originally built it. Now randomly out of the blue the internet randomly starts to diconnect me maybe 1-5 times in 5 minutes for about 10 seconds before reconnecting itself, And does this about every 10 minutes. Not only that but the latency Sky rockets through the roof. I have scanned my system for all viruses and spyware and deleted anything it came across and it Still does this. I will say though, It does seem to do it more though when I have an online game loaded. Any ideas on the cause?

Advertisements

DMME

DMME

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
One issue could be your ISP. What type of ISP do you have? Cable, Dial-up, Highspeed, Broadband, e.t.c.? If you have Cable, it is most likely your Cable company.

XVRayne

XVRayne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have Cable, Comcast to be exact. I had called and arranged a tech to come out and take a look to resolve the issue, I just wanted to be sure it wasnt something on my end or anything I could fix by a simple click of the mouse.