Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Are BNC monitor cables worth getting?

• Please log in to reply

mrhunta

mrhunta

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I was thinking about picking some up but i dunno if there worth it what do you think?. Btw can a geforce FX 5200 use bnc cables thanks.

Also if i were to get bnc cables what resolution should i set my monitor to for best quility. Im using a
21 inch "Multigraph 445Xpro monitor'

Edited by mrhunta, 18 December 2006 - 04:11 AM.

Advertisements

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Well can some one atleast tell me if a geforce FX 5200 video card is compatible with BNC monitor cables. This is the type of BNC cables i was gonna buy

http://images.google...htt...6lr=&sa=N

Edited by mrhunta, 18 December 2006 - 04:13 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
what are you planning on hooking the bnc ends to? the graphix card or the display device? if you're going vga to bnc (i.e. vga on the graphics card to bnc on the other end) then it should be fine...if you're going the other way...then it probably won't work as most video cards don't have bnc connectors on them

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
The bnc ends will be going into my monitor and the normal loooking cpu monitor plug will be going into my computer. Thanks for the reply :whistling: