Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help me with my Video Card =)

• Please log in to reply

rock42

rock42

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hello!!! :blink: I recently got a new ATI Radeon X1300 Video Card from Fry's. I installed my new drivers and of course put the card in. However for some reason I cant run games. When I start up WOW the frame rate is fine but then i start to clip. I will take 2 steps forward and 1 back. This will also happen in Counter Strike. I will run the Video stress test and it will freeze every 3 or 5 seconds for about half a second. The graphics all look beautiful and every thing els is fine but that. Also if i continue to play the game for maybe 15mins (like i would with this kind of lagg any way) I will get a VPU error and the game will crash. I had a problem much like this with my old X850 but i was able to resolved that... although I don't remember how.
-Windows XP SP2
-Its an AGP card
-Yes all the drivers are installed and up to date
-Yes i meat the system requirements for the games
-plz help =)

Thx yall :whistling:

O and im almost certain that i just dont have something configured correctly in my Drivers options... or not =P

Edited by rock42, 17 December 2006 - 05:54 PM.

Advertisements

Serrik

Serrik

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Im not much help with the newer ATI cards but did it come with a supplementary power input that you hook up to your power supply? Alot of the new cards have them and if you didn't hook it up it can cause issues like you described.

rock42

rock42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Yes sir I did. Its hooked up and the fan runs fine on it. I have a 400W power supply which is more than enough for the Video card. (recommend was 350W)

Edited by rock42, 17 December 2006 - 07:25 PM.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
How many MB's is the card?

rock42

rock42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
256mb

rock42

rock42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
untill any 1 can come up with a solution i will be reinstalling my old card... so plz hlp

I just put in my old video card and i have the same problem!!! wich means i just need to change sumthin' in the drivers settings =D
If i must i will post all the options on here... although i would like not to =P

Edited by rock42, 18 December 2006 - 12:20 PM.

rock42

rock42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
---bumb---

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Driver Cleaner time.

Download http://www.softpedia...r-Cleaner.shtml
and install. Uninstall your ATI drivers from the Add/Remove Programs menu. Reboot to Safe Mode (press F8 before Windows loads).
Run Driver Cleaner, clean for ATI, as well as other video cards you may have had (nvidia).
Reboot to normal mode, reinstall the ATI drivers, and see if the problem continues.

rock42

rock42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Ok iv fixed the problem above but now i can play a game for 15mins-1hour and then i will get a VPU error and my monitor will say "Frequency out of range". I DID NOT do the stuff that Kurenai said. I was wondering if i still should or not.

rock42

rock42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
---Bump---

rock42

rock42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
any 1?

rock42

rock42

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Fixed it myself. Well my big Bro did but he is in Wisconsin so I did it over skype. Thanks any way

o and here is a link as to what was wrong just if any 1 wanted to no

http://www.techspot....topic15393.html