Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero 6 problems

• Please log in to reply

Fox3inbound

Fox3inbound

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I'm using Nero 6 to burn my CDs and DVDs. Nero won't let me burn DVDs at anything faster than 4x, which is fine, because I like using lower burning speeds anyway. However, when I try to burn DVDs the drop down menu for the Burn speed only allows for 16x, 12x, 8x, and 6x... so it won't let me access 4x to make a successful burn.

Is there anyway to manually set the burn speed to 4x or is there something I can do to make the burn successfull at 6x? Thanks in advance.

-adam

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does it help if you tick determine maximum write speed?

Fox3inbound

Fox3inbound

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
If I tick "determine maximum write speed" it fails still. For some reason it only burns dvds at 4x and nothing faster, but Nero doesn't always allow me to select 4x.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do most files you burn need editing?

Fox3inbound

Fox3inbound

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
No, i don't think so. I usually back up my DVDs because I have a little girl who likes to destroy things, so it's a lot cheaper if she breaks a backup copy...

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have a look at the trial of blindwrite, which will watermark the output as a trial so test it with RW discs

Pay in dollars if possible because their site has a quirky exchange rate which requires one dollar to the pound

http://www.vso-softw.../blindwrite.php

You could also see if copy to dvd is more suitable

avi2dvd is another option

http://www.trustfm.n...areAvi2Dvd.html