Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

service center had to replace the HDD re install the OS

• Please log in to reply

mypenry

mypenry

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have just recently had to take my new computer into the manufactures service center , and they , and had to replace the HDD re install the OS, Windows XP Pro Media Edition, Version 2002 , Service pack 2, Pentium ( R ) 4 CPU 3.40GHz , 1.00 GB RAM running IE6. before I had the new HDD installed etc, when I sent an email attachment with a … jpeg… photo the attachment was sent quite quickly (less than One minuet) even though I am using a slow Dial up connection (44 Kbps) now when I try and send the same attachments on the same email provider ( Gmail ) it takes over 10 minutes to send just one attachment…? . Could I have a setting some where that’s set wrong..? One other thing before the HDD problem, I think that the OS said this…

Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)  

Is this version any different from the one that’s just been installed by the service center…..? and could it be causing the problem..?

Your advice on this problem would be most welcome to this newbie…

Thanks ……….. Mypenry

Advertisements